VALPRO Path is not a scientist-led project, but an industry driven consortium, with the mission to co-create a “consensus framework” based on the data and learnings provided by the Innovative Production Systems (IPSs), which will be harvested by work packages and packaged for stakeholders to support the new market demand for plant-based protein for food and feed outputs. Case studies of existing farm enterprises, farm networks and producer organizations will be at the core of the Innovative Production Systems (IPSs), building on existing innovations to validate the potential for value chain development. Demonstrating the impact of innovative processing technologies provides scope to reduce food loss, increase value and opportunities to connect with new types of customers creating smaller shorter loops between farm and fork, and enabling the development of new green business models.
The main objective of VALPRO Path is to co-create, validate and demonstrate new value landscapes that promote the sustainable, circular and transparent production of plant proteins for food and feed in the EU.
DIGNITY in VALPRO Path
● Core partner at WP4 :Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment (LCSA) of the proposed Innovative Production Systems (IPS) – environmental (LCA), social (S-LCA) and economic (LCC) sustainability impacts
● Leader in Task 4.1 :Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of VALPRO Path innovation production systems
● Leader in Task 4.2 : Evaluating Behavioral Patterns of Adoption of VALPRO Path Innovative Production Systems (IPS)- Social Life Cycle Assessment (SLCA) of the examined case studies
Roles of DIGNITY
● To assess the environmental social and economic impact of the proposed IPSs and compare them with the initial systems.
● To ensure the feasibility and affordability of the proposed systems.
● To identify hotspots and areas for improvements in the proposed systems, towards the minimization of environmental, social and economic impacts.
● To identify costs and benefits for demonstrated crops of high Technology Readiness Level (TRL) at farm level.
● To perform life cycle sustainability assessment (LCSA) from a dynamic perspective.
more about VALPRO Path project
learn more about our project VALPRO Path by visiting the website: